Back in the Saddle Again


It's been a while since I taught a class at The Studio.  I think a combination of events lead me to burn out a little.  For one, I was teaching lots of classes and putting in lots of hours at the shop, and secondly, I realized my kiddos were becoming men right before my very eyes and I was missing a lot.  I decided to scale back so I could spend more time with my boys.

Well somehow two of my boys have become adults (at least by birth years) and baby Matthew turned 13.  How in the world did that happen?  This has freed up some of my time for teaching.

I have always loved to teach - even way back when I was in Girl Scouts.  I would teach knots or orienteering or a craft.  I was a teaching assistant for Biology lab in college.  I am intrigued by how people learn, how the brain creates memories, how muscle memory works, and how ideas and skills are communicated to create a learning experience.  Teaching brings me joy and gets my endorphins going.   

With that, I am announcing my first class...

Martin Story Afghan KAL 

Thursday nights 6:30-8:00 

Feb 4, 11, March 3, 17, 31, 

April 14, 28, May 12, 26

 

Sign up here or call the shop

816-531-4466


Here's what Martin says about this afghan...
“For my second KAL in the Pure Wool Superwash Worsted, I looked to the motifs, textures and colours of our Northern European knitting traditions - the knitted textures and fairisle patterns of the Shetland Isles; the Faeroe Isles; Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Iceland.  This is a look which is currently very popular in interior fabric, wallpaper and fashion design.  Unlike my first KAL, the knitter can now choose from four, classic tonal palettes, chosen to fit in with most popular, interior colour schemes. A very soft and natural palette: a calming, blue palette; a fresh green and a zingy, spice palette.  Whichever colour suits your mood and interior.“ 

There will be eight square release stages in total, with the final and ninth release on 12th May 2016 featuring the edging design.

Here's a link to the official announcement page 

Here is a video of Martin talking about the afghan project

And the Ravelry Page 

Can't wait to see you in class

-Cindy


Comments