Word of the Year

 I've never been good at New Years Resolutions.  I always have great intentions and give it a good solid try for about a month but then it gets hard and hard just gets harder to do.  

For the past couple of years, I've tried picking a word for the year.  This seems to work better for me for a few reasons.  Firstly, the word typically encompasses my whole life instead of a small part.  Secondly, the idea is more flexible in that as my life evolves during the year, so can the application of the word.  And finally, I find enjoy reflecting on the changes one single word brings to my life when I focus on it over a period of time.

So I was thinking about this year's word.  I haven't totally committed to one, yet, but I have narrowed it down to a shortlist.  Here's a list that might be useful when selecting your word of the year.  Of course, you may find many lists with a quick Google search.



I started thinking about how to keep my word in front of me so that it'll be always on my mind.  What about a needlepoint piece?  Stitching it would be a mindful exercise to embody the word and the finished piece could be my reminder for the year.

  We could make a custom design for your word.  It could be a keychain, a small framed piece, an insert for a leather box, a hanging sign, a pillow, a pocket for a tote bag,  maybe an ornament to hang on the rearview mirror, or a bracelet insert.  Here are a few ideas I came up with but we'd love to do something just right for you.


I'd love to know what words you are considering and what you settle on for your word of the year.  Give us a call (816-531-4466) or stop in if we can help you create a needlepoint piece for your word. 



Comments